Select which cookies you accept
When you visit this website, it may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. This information might be about you, your preferences or your device and is mostly used to make the website work as you expect it to. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalized web experience.
Because we respect your right to privacy, you can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Below is a list of different categories of cookies that may be set and that you can freely change. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are required and must be accepted to use this site.
These cookies collect data about how visitors use this website.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features.
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests.
We are looking for a Senior Information System Engineerfor one of our good clients in FinTech field.
This role is application-specific. The list of applications you might be responsible for might include Internal Intrum products, and common applications like Zabbix, Grafana, Jira, Confluence, Gitlab, Jenkins, Kafka, Graylog, sFTP servers, Nginx, Apache, Kubernetes, Docker ecosystem, etc. Experience and in-depth knowledge of any particular application are not mandatory in this position but are considered as a benefit.
What you will do:
Prepare and deploy Linux / Windows (by your choice) based applications using scripts, Ansible or package manager
- Order and control delivery of new Virtual machines at partners Service Desk.
Maintain production application(s)
- Performance: With resource management, planning, monitoring, log analysis.
- Integrity: Backup/restore policy, security mechanisms, logging and monitoring.
- Availability: Monitoring using Zabbix, Grafana, Prometheus and other tools, clustering.
Make complex configuration of application/s under your responsibility scope via Web interface or command line
- Network: Order firewall openings, and all other network related changes. Need to have good understanding of how TCP/IP stack works.
- Integrations: LDAP(S) connectors, SMTP, connections to 3rd party apps, using webhooks, RestAPI
- Databases: Make complex SQL database installation and configuration, configure database connection settings, add JDBC driver, etc. Work with complex SQL queries necessary to make re-configuration, or updates.
- O/S: Use your admin skills to change configuration of filesystems, partitions, manage and configure processes, services, environment, kernel parameters, o/s and services start-up, scheduled tasks, network settings, NTP sources, log file management, etc.
- Security: Configure application with compliance to IT Security policy, manage TLS configuration and SSL certificates, encryption settings.
Perform case (incident problem) comprehensive analysis. Troubleshoot and investigate problems pre-processed by Service desk team or directly reported by application users for application in your responsibility scope:
- Scripting: Use or develop diagnostics scripts for complex problem scenarios using language of your choice Python/Go/Bash/PowerShell
- Network: Do in-depth network diagnostic on all layers of OSI model using Wireshark/tcpdump including application protocols like HTTP, FTP, SMTP. etc.
- Databases: check and identify complex DB connection issues like connection drops, resource bottlenecks
- O/S: Do in-depth O/S layer analysis
- Security: SSL connections inspection, check and enforce application(s) compliance with IT security instruction
- Use monitoring dashboards and monitoring systems to compare to solution performance baseline
Provide and implement resolution steps and measures based on troubleshooting analysis
Escalate and forward tickets to the relevant Development and Operations teams in case problem can’t be resolved on your level, supplying investigation results, and troubleshooting steps
Create tickets to external partners responsible for support of various systems, escalate problematic cases, when necessary. Forward information between external partners and internal teams.
What else might be needed:
Good (above average) knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Ability to decompose complex problems and sort them by urgency and priority.
Ability to understand and formalize client requirements in the technical language.
Leading process of solving complex issues, which requires several teams.
It is a bonus if you understand modern development lifecycle: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD and ITIL concepts.
High degree of responsibility for the systems under control with focus to reliability.
Ability to keep track of multiple ongoing tasks simultaneously.
Being able to plan own work (define deadlines).
Sounds too easy for you?
Here are some areas where you can utilize your potential to grow in this position:
You can do planning, technical design then later support and implement new applications or re-design and improve existing one.
Some troubleshooting scenarios might require very deep understanding of underlying technologies, so you always have a chance to “dig deeper”.
Automate processes with Python/Bash/Go/PowerShell/Ansible.
Implement changes to increase stability of solution, for examples switch to clustered setup or configure additional fault tolerance layer.
Develop Roadmaps, lead and organize mini-projects, involving colleagues and L2 specialists.
Organize workshops and mentor colleagues.
What tools will I use or will work with?:
Any tools that you find relevant to perform daily tasks
What tools/apps knowledge is considered as a benefit:
Very stable work environment within the biggest credit service management company in Europe which is recognized as an undisputed market leader;
Experience working in an international company with offices around the world.
Experience working with large and complicated enterprise systems.
Social security and benefits (including health insurance, etc.).
Monthly gross salary from EUR 2200 to EUR 3600.
Team building events and sports activities.
Flexible working hours.
Remote work possibility.
If you possess creativity and analytical skills and you like to code, then we are on the same page, and we encourage you to apply.
At ITSM Delivery we have committed recruiters who find assignments based on your interest. We have customers throughout Latvia and Sweden in IT development, technology, engineering and more. With us, you get the opportunity to work in a wide range of industries on exciting assignments. If you have a drive to develop and eager for the challenges, then it is a good start to become part of our team.
ITSM Delivery has also introduced a favorable bonus system which means that together we drive the company forward towards common goals. Our consultants get interesting assignments, rapid professional development possibilities, competitive remuneration, and other bonuses, e.g. health insurance, community gifts and more. Still thinking? Get in touch with us!
At ITSM Delivery we have committed recruiters who find assignments based on your interest. We have great customers throughout Latvia and Sweden in IT development, technology, engineering and more.
With us, you get the opportunity to work in a wide range of industries on exciting assignments. If you have a drive to develop and eager for the challenges, then it is a good start to become part of our team.
Our consultants get interesting assignments, rapid professional development possibilities, competitive remuneration, and other bonuses, e.g. health insurance, community gifts, events, and more.
About ITSM Delivery
We nurture the work environment that encourages the employees to pour in their talent and roll out innovative IT solutions for the clients. Transparency, creativity, individual freedom and strong team support are the four unshakeable pillars on which ITSM Delivery stands firmly.
Already working at ITSM Delivery?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.